The Universidad Empresa Chair, called "Nueva Ruta de la Seda (One Belt, One Road , -OBOR-)" is a form of collaboration between UDIMA and the CEF, with the generic aim of establishing and boosting training, teaching and research links between China and Spain.
Bearing in mind the history of the relations between Spain and the People's Republic of China, the Chair develops a scheme which would enable for new bridges of understanding to be created between both nations, boosting the knowledge of their cultures. A cultural approach may help the relations that are established to be fruitful and long-lasting.
The Chair will promote the collaboration with public and private institutions that may have interests in the People’s Republic of China. The Chair will have an active role in promoting the studies and issues regarding the European Union. It aims to be a leader in the relations between China and the European Union and will place particular relevance on the strategic global association between Europe and China.
The Chair also drives specific initiatives that deepen the relations between Spain and China, specifically regarding the municipality of Yiwu (Zhejiang province), as it is an important part of one of the actions of the "One Belt, One Road".
Purpose of the Chair
- To undertake teaching, research, knowledge generation, dissemination, events creation and transfer of know-how activities in the world of business and international relations, and more specifically between China and Spain.
- To collaborate with public and private institutions with joint training, cultural and research interests with the People’s Republic of China.
- The Chair will drive academic studies regarding China and the European Union. It will develop an Official Master's Degree between China and the European Union.
- The Chair will promote scientific and academic actions aimed at deepening the strategic global association between Europe and China.
Date of constitution
Relevant company/organisation data
- Name: CEF
- Website: https://www.cef.es
- Size (employees, associates, turnover, etc.). +200 workers
- Geographic area of action: Spain, China
Organised training events
- Collaboration in the design and granting of official university degrees (Inter-university Master’s Degree in European Union and China (URJC & UDIMA).
- Collaboration in the design and teaching of postgraduate degrees.
- Spanish language courses.
Grants awarded (number/amount)
There are specific agreements for students by means of the agreements derived from the Chair between CEF and UDIMA.
Organised dissemination events (seminars, conferences, etc.)
- Support and/or development of institutional cultural twinning initiatives between Europe or Spain and the People’s Republic of China.
- Support and accompaniment to the entrepreneurial or business missions, collaborating with Business Associations or Chambers of Commerce.
- Conferences, talks, seminars and monographs on the cultural approach between both countries.
- I International Seminar on Chinese-European Studies at UDIMA 2019.
- II International Seminar on Chinese-European Studies at UDIMA 2019.
Research actions (prizes, competitions, etc.)
- Support for the undertaking of end-of-degree projects, end-of-master’s degree projects and support for completing doctoral dissertations in the Chair’s field of knowledge.
- Prizes, competitions and aid for the completion of end-of-degree projects, end-of-master’s degree projects and doctoral dissertations.